Step into Heaven
Why take this trip?
- Ride an elephant in the middle of the lush green Northern Thai jungle
- Swim and immerse yourself underneath the magnificent Mak Fa Waterfall
- Raft your way down picturesque scenery to a comfortable and cozy camp in the Thai jungles
- Relive history and visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park on bike where a vast stretch of historical sites have been included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage
- Witness the unique lifestyle of the long-necked Karen Hill tribe women
This trip really exceeded my expectations! Wild Guanabana offered me a life altering experience that I'll never forget for as long as I live. They had us well prepared & everything was well organized upon our arrival :)
More than any other travel agency, Wild Guanabana helps you connect with wildlife & nature. It gives you a break from technology & takes you to a relaxing life where you connect with yourself and learn about your capabilities & strengths.
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Stepping into a Colorful Land
As soon as we arrive in Bangkok, a private transfer will immediately take us on a driving tour of this unique city en route to your hotel where you have a room for the day. You’ll have a free afternoon to relax indoors or walk around town before taken to the Hua Lampong railway station to catch the overnight train to Chiang Mai to begin your jungle adventure!
Day 2: Embracing the Northern Jungle Spirit (L)
We arrive into Chiang Mai in the north where the adventure part of our trip begins. We start with a spectacular elephant show then ride across the river and up the mountain to take in a breathtaking birds-eye view of the lush Mae Ta Maan valley below. We lunch then hop on our bamboo rafts along the beautiful Mae Tang river before getting back to the Karanthip village for our evening stay.
Day 3: Exploring the Thai Country Side (B/L/D)
We experience an early morning drive along a picturesque road through the beautiful green plains before we stop at a local market to sample the local produce and artisania. From here we head to Mok Fa waterfall for a leisurely swim and great views. Once we arrive to the quaint town of Pai we stop for lunch and a stroll around its streets. By late afternoon we arrive at the local village of Pae La Na of the Shan tribes, which is situated in a beautiful valley with awe-inspiring nature all around.
Day 4: Rafting into the Jungle (B/L/D)
We begin the day early, discovering the village lifestyle via a soft trek around the area as we continue up the mountain for a good 3 hours through plantations and forests until we reach the beautiful Pa Ka Rang Cave. We have a picnic lunch here then transfer to Ban Kam Khong to begin our rafting journey. After instructions on safety and how to paddle we begin our white water raft down river, swimming on the way at the Su Za waterfall before arriving at our simple yet warm and comfortable jungle camp.
Day 5: A Kicking Back Adventure (B/L)
After breakfast we continue our exciting whitewater rafting journey. Relax and enjoy the diverse views of the Pai river as you bounce through a fun-filled adventure with a visit to a natural hot spa and many moderate level rapids surrounded by the hillside lush forests. We end our journey at Mae Su Rin National Park, refresh then head to Mae Hong Son and stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 6: Very Long Necks (L)
We begin the day exploring the sleepy town of Mae Hong Son to see Burmese style temples and local markets before proceeding to the border village of Pa Dong which is home to the long necked Karen hill tribe women. Spend some time witnessing their unique lifestyle and customs before lunch and a transfer back to Mae Hong Son airport and take a flight back to Bangkok to resume your adventure. You spend the night back at your hotel.
Day 7: Back to the Past
The ancient city of Ayutthaya was the second capital city of Thailand between 1350 and 1767 and is located 80 Km north of Bangkok. The province is a treasure of evocative ruins of once magnificent palaces, temples and fortresses. We visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park on bikes where there is a vast stretch of historical sites that have been included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage since 1991. We then continue to Bang Pa-In Summer Palace with its spectacular royal mansions that were built in the 17th century as a summer retreat for the kings of Ayutthaya. Several of the buildings also have European and Chinese influences. We visit the city’s Portuguese settlement and experience local life up close then enjoy a simple but delicious Thai lunch before boarding a long tail motor boat for the journey back to Ayutthaya, enjoying the picturesque scenery of the banks of the Chao Phraya River along the way. We arrive back to the hotel by late afternoon.
Day 8: Departure
Today we head back home filled with memories and incredible pictures!
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants
- All hotel bookings on a twin or double occupancy basis. Please note that there is an extra charge for those staying on a single room basis
- All adventure activities as mentioned above
- All transfers during the trip
- All meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast,L=Lunch,D=Dinner)
- All internal transportation
- Experienced English speaking guides
- All national park admission & entrance fees
- Flight to and from Bangkok, Thailand
- International Airport tax
- Personal expenditures such as laundry, drinks during meal, etc.
- Single supplement
- Travel and health insurance
- Thailand Visa fee
- Discretionary tips to guides and porters
- Flight to and from Bangkok, Thailand