Mountain huts offer rooms for 4, 6 or 12 people. It is not possible to have single rooms in the huts. The huts offer food and drinks and provide beds with blankets and “single use” paper bed sheets. Therefore, it is recommended to bring your own cotton/silk sleeping bag liner.
During the trip we will try some delicious Slovenian food and you will taste some typical Alpine dishes. On the days when we sleep in the mountain huts, the food offer is more simple and limited.
On the 2nd and 3rd day we can’t transport luggage from hut to hut. For these days you should bring a light backpack for some clothes and personal items. The rest of the luggage will be transported from the hotel in Bled to the hotel in Bohinj.
This is an easy hike and doesn’t need any previous experience, however you need to be fit enough to hike around 6-7 hours a day. Donkeys and Horses will be carrying your big duffle bag from place to place with the exception of 2 days where you will need to pack clothes for these 2 days only and carry them with you.
You will be hiking through different terrains each day, some by lakes, some by forests and some through glaciers. Being a natural park, the untouched scenery is absolutely stunning and it's guaranteed to keep you in awe throughout the entire hike!
June to August is summer season in Slovenia, so daytime temperatures can be around 24°C and fall no lower than 12°C in the evenings in Bled. But in the mountains it’s around 0°C to 5°C.
best time to travel:
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants.
- Arrival, departure, and all transport in air conditioned van.
- Experienced English-speaking local guide
- Experienced and trained mountain guides
- Meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Activities as mentioned above.
- All accommodations on a double occupancy basis
- Consultation on every aspect of preparation including physical and mental
- International return flight to Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Personal medical & travel insurance.
- Any additional food, beverage, or activities.
- Tips and Gratuity
- Entry Visa