Jordan generally has a hot, dry climate characterized by long, hot, dry summers and short, cool winters. January is the coldest month, with temperatures from 5°C to 10°C, and August is the hottest month at 20°C to 35°C. Daily temperatures can be very hot because of this, it is very important to stay always hydrated. July and August are off-season months, the rest of the year the weather is typical desert climate with very hot mornings and very cold evenings.
We spend our nights in Jordan in a variety of ways: we begin with hotels and end with a Bedouin camp, during the hike we set up tents and camp sites. You just need to bring your own sleeping bag, or sheets, and we can provide blankets and mattresses.
Breakfast and dinner in hotels are buffet meals. Lunch will be packed for you during the hike and all the water you will require will also be provided. Expect some culinary delight with some delicious meals cooked by the bedouins in the desert.
Although not technical in any way, this is a moderate difficulty hike where you hike an average of 15 km daily with an altitude gain/loss of about 1000m per day. The cycling part also requires a relatively high fitness level to able to cycle 48 km including many off-road patches.
From the lush green hills of Dana reserve with its four distinct bio-geographical zones, to the craggy desert landscapes around Petra, to the salty water of the lowest point on earth; the scenery in this hike certainly will keep you mesmerized.
best time to travel:
- Price based on 4 pax
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (Breakfast = B, Lunch = L, Dinner = D)
- All transport to and from destination (A/C Car)
- All accommodation based on double basis
- Entrance fee to all attractions in itinerary.
- Mattress and blankets provided for the 1 night in wilderness.
- Bike hire, cycling guide, mechanic and support vehicle on cycling days.
- Water and meals on hiking and cycling days.
- English speaking hiking guide during the trip.
- International flight
- Visa Fee
- Excess baggage & Airport Taxes
- Personal & Travel insurance
- Tips and Gratuity
- Extra meals or beverages