The ideal time to take this trip is from the second week of July until early September. The official season is from the beginning of June (when the lake is still frozen), up until late September, but the ideal period is when there is the least amount of rain and clear/stable weather. Expect it to be sunny and warm during the day with relatively cold nights.
On the first day, we will be staying at a comfortable hotel in Kutaisi with warm meals, showers, and pleasant rooms. Once we leave the city behind, we will be staying in tented camps throughout the hike until we return once again to the city. Our experienced guides and assistant guides will be taking every step to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible, from the delicious and fresh food to the camping areas we will be sleeping at.
During the hike, you will have 3 meals, all energy based to help give you the required nutrients for hiking around 4-8 hours a day. (Need to contact supplier to know exact food)
You don’t need to be an experienced hiker to go on this trip. While it will be challenging if it is your first ever hike, some multi-day hiking experience before departing would make this trip more enjoyable.
At the relatively low altitude of 2700 meters, you can expect to feel almost the same as at sea level.
Endless green meadows, dramatic mountain faces, and the unique broad-leaved forests make the scenery during this hike unparalleled anywhere else in the world.
best time to travel:
- Meeting and transfer to the airport
- Travelling by minivan
- Baggage carrying by horse during the whole tour
- Guide & assistant service
- 6 nights accommodation in tents
- 3 nights accommodation in hotel
- 2 night accommodation in guest house
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- First-aid kit
- Entry fees for Martvili (Gachedili) canyon and Prometheus cave
- International flight
- Visa Fee
- Airport Tax
- Excess baggage & Airport Taxes
- Single Supplement fee
- Personal & Travel insurance
- Vaccinations (We send a detailed list)
- Bottled Beverages
- Gear rental available at additional cost (Let us know if you would need any)
- Tips and Gratuity